The Federal Reserve's Recent Emergency Rate Cut
by Kevin Myeroff on Mar 6, 2020
The Federal Reserve this week announced a 50 basis point cut to its target rate as an emergency response to economic concerns stemming from the coronavirus. This is the Fed’s first emergency rate cut since 2008.
1. Why did the Federal Reserve cut rates now?
2. Is it a good idea for the Federal Reserve to cut its target rate?
3. Why did the stock market go down on the same day rates were cut?
4. How will this rate cut effect my savings and investments?
5. When is this market downturn going to end?
Aired: 3/3/2020 - WTAM 1100 News Radio